A boat catches fire – level 1
A boat catches fire in Egypt’s Red Sea. The name of the boat is Hurricane. Three people are missing.
The incident happens in a place where people go to watch sharks. The fire starts because of a problem with the boat’s electricity. Twelve British people and twelve Egyptian crew members are safe. But rescuers can’t find three more British people.
Many tourists from Europe go to Egypt’s Red Sea resorts. They are very good for diving. Egypt tries hard to bring back its tourism. It is important for the country’s business. In the past, there are political problems and problems with the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures have been taken by Egypt to deal with the safety issues faced by tourists visiting its Red Sea resorts?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.