A car drives into the Niagara River – level 1
A car floats in the Niagara River, US, last week. It happens near the Niagara Falls. The Niagara Falls are on the US-Canada border.
People see the car in the river. They call the police. Police do not know if somebody is inside the car.
They use a drone. A video from the drone shows that a driver is in the car. The water is dangerous and cold. A cold wind blows. It is not easy to get in the car.
A helicopter comes. A man hangs on a rope. He gets inside the car. Sadly, the driver is already dead.
The driver is a woman. She is almost 70 years old. She lives near the river. Police think that the situation is not an accident. It seems that the woman knows what she is doing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.