A dress with a QR code – level 1
An Egyptian designer makes a special dress. The dress has a QR code on its sleeve. A QR code looks like black and white squares. Tourists can use their phones to read the code.
Tourists will get a lot of information from this QR code. It will tell them about interesting places in Egypt. These are places such as museums, mosques, pyramids, and others. It is good for tourists who travel without a guide. They know the address of a place, the hours when it is open, and how much tickets cost.
The Egyptian designer makes clothes for women. She wants to make clothes for men and children, too.
Difficult words: sleeve (you put your arm through this piece of clothing), mosque (a place where Muslims talk to god), guide (a person who shows tourists interesting places).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos