A girl is born to a mother in a coma – level 2
Szilvia from Hungary was taken to hospital with Covid-19. She couldn’t breathe. She was put on a ventilator to help her breather first. Then she was put into a coma for 40 days.
When she came to hospital, she also gave birth to her daughter. Szilvia couldn’t care for her daughter because she was in a coma. Her husband Jozsef cared for the baby while his wife was in hospital. His wife was very ill, and he didn’t know it she was able to survive.
Finally, Szilvia was brought out of a coma. Her doctor said that Szilvia’s survival was a miracle.
Now, Szilvia is getting better at home where she can be with her husband and their daughter.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.