A man and his dog spend two months at sea – level 1
Tim Shaddock is an Australian fisherman. He is 51 years old. In April, he and his dog Bella set off from Mexico in a boat.
Shaddock wants to go to French Polynesia. One month later, problems start. Storms damage the boat’s electronics. The man does not know where he is or where to go. The pair stay at sea for two months. They eat raw fish. They drink rainwater.
Finally, a helicopter flies in the sky. The pilot sees the boat. The man and his dog are safe. They are on their way to Mexico, now. They are both healthy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other challenges did Tim Shaddock and his dog Bella face during their two months at sea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.