A man and his dog spend two months at sea – level 2
In April, Australian Tim Shaddock and his dog Bella set off from La Paz, Mexico. The 51-year-old man wanted to travel to French Polynesia in his boat, but he got into trouble.
In May, storms damaged the boat’s electronics, and Shaddock and his dog were left stranded in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The pair survived only thanks to drinking rainwater and eating raw fish.
Finally, a helicopter spotted the boat and the pair is now on their way back to Mexico. Both the man and his dog seemed well, but Shaddock will undergo a health check when he is in Mexico.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What has been the most difficult part of Tim Shaddock's journey so far?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.