A man lives underwater – level 1
Joseph Dituri is a university professor. He breaks a record. He stays underwater for 74 days.
Dituri stays at a lodge in Florida, United States. The lodge is 9 meters underwater. There is no technology which lowers pressure. Dituri wants to see what happens with his body. He eats a lot of protein. He exercises every day. He has online classes with 2,500 students. These students study marine science.
Dituri stays at the lodge since March 1. He already spends the longest time underwater. But he wants to stay there until June 9.
Difficult words: lodge (a small house), pressure (the force with which water presses objects in water), marine science (the study of life in the ocean).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What was the purpose of Dituri's stay underwater?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos