A Place to Sleep – level 1
A team of people make a small shelter for homeless people. Homeless people do not have a home. They sometimes sleep in the street. But it is too cold in winter.
The team must test the shelter first. They test it in the German city of Ulm. The shelter will protect people from cold and wind. Light is inside. One person can be inside. It is a safe place.
The shelter has a door. The door unlocks in the evening. A homeless person can go inside. Social workers get a message that somebody is inside. Social workers check the shelter in the morning. They clean it. Somebody else can use it the next night.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.