A smart plaster – level 2
Three students from a university in Warsaw, Poland, invented a smart plaster.
The plaster is called SmartHEAL, and has a special sensor which checks the pH in a wound. When doctors take off a plaster, they risk infection, and they also damage the tissue. The process is very painful and unpleasant for the patient.
Thanks to SmartHEAL, doctors don’t need to take the plaster off, and they know how the wound is healing. This situation is very important with wounds which take months or even years to heal.
The students won an award for the plaster, and they want to use the prize money to start testing SmartHEAL on real patients. They hope that they can start selling the smart plaster in 2025.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.