A Theme Park Is Changing – level 1
A popular theme park is in Hong Kong. Many people visit the park every year. But 2020 is a different year. The park must close for many months. The reason is the coronavirus.
The park opens again in September. But not as many people can visit it as before. Another problem is tourism. People cannot travel to Hong Kong. It means that tourists do not visit the park.
The owners must find ways to make the park interesting for local people. They start yoga classes in an aquarium. People can enjoy camping in the park, too. Many trees and green areas are in the park. It is a big advantage. The owners believe that they can attract more people in the future.
Difficult words: owner (a person who has something and it belongs to him), yoga (a type of exercise that has stretches and balance), advantage (something that makes a situation better or easier), attract (to make someone come to a place because it is interesting for him).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.