A Very Young Influencer – level 1
Sirio is seven years old. He is from Italy. He is disabled. It means that he cannot do some things like other children can. Sirio cannot speak. His mother must feed him.
But Sirio is an Instagram star. He is one of Italy’s youngest influencers. Other people watch what he does. He inspires others. They see that disabled people can be happy.
Sirio’s mother runs his Instagram page. She says that people must change how they think about disabled people. Many people feel sorry. But disabled people can be happy. They can live good lives. This is the reason why Sirio has his Instagram page.
Difficult words: influencer (a person who changes other people’s lives through social media), inspire (to motivate somebody to do something new or different), feel sorry (to be sad when something bad happens to somebody else).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos