Ad About Racism – level 2
People in the US are protesting against police brutality and racism, and companies react to it too. On Friday, the company Nike posted an ad on social media.
The ad changed the company’s famous slogan ’Just Do It’. The ad said ’For Once, Don’t Do It.’ The idea is to urge people to fight against racism and police brutality in the US. It is important that people do not keep quiet, and that they say openly what they think.
Another company, Adidas, supported Nike on social media. Adidas said that only together people can make a change.
Some people criticized Nike in the past because the company supported a sportsman who protested against police brutality.
Difficult words: brutality (when someone behaves very badly and violently, and he hurts another person very much), ad (an advertisement that promotes a company’s product or service), urge (to try hard to make someone do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.