AirTags and safety – level 2
An AirTag is a small device; it is only a little larger than a coin. We can attach it to keys, wallets, or backpacks, and it locates things when we can’t find them.
Some people use it in a way which is dangerous or which can hurt others. Two American women are suing Apple, the company which makes AirTag. They say that the device helps stalkers. One of the women said that her ex-boyfriend put AirTag on the tire of her car, so that he knew where she was.
Police said that some murders happened this year in which Air Tag played a part. Earlier this year, Apple changed the device to make it safer and less easy for stalkers to use it.
Difficult words: locate (to find where something is), sue (to take legal action against a person or organization), stalker (a person who illegally follows and watches someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos