Alcohol-free bars – level 2
Many people are starting to enjoy their time with family or friends without drinking alcohol, and people are opening alcohol-free bars.
You would think that more people drank alcohol during the coronavirus pandemic, but it was not true. Last year, sales of alcohol-free spirits grew almost 30%, and sales of spirits fell about 7%. There are challenges like Dry January when people do not drink alcoholic drinks for the whole month. Many people care more about their health, and they stop drinking alcohol or they drink it less.
Alcohol can have a bad impact on both mental and physical health. Besides the hangover, some people can feel upset even two or three days after they drink alcohol. When people stop drinking alcohol, they feel much better, they save money, and they have better relationships.
Difficult words: spirit (a strong alcoholic drink such as vodka, gin, or whiskey), challenge (a difficult task or fight in which people can take part, and they can see how mentally or physically strong they are), hangover (a headache or other unpleasant feeling after drinking too much alcohol).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.