Alternative schools – level 1
Alternative schools are schools where students learn differently.
In traditional schools, children must sit. They listen to the teacher. They fill in worksheets. They usually work alone. Children of the same age are in one class. The Life School in Atlanta, US, is different. Children can move freely in the room. They work in teams. They can choose what to learn. They have a lot of fun. These schools are in contact with parents much more.
Studies show that children from alternative schools have better results. They are more empathetic. They enjoy learning.
Difficult words: alternative (another possibility), traditional (something what exists a long time without a change), empathetic (someone who can understand the feelings of others).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What advantages does the Life School in Atlanta offer compared to traditional schools?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos