Amazon Strike – level 1
Amazon is a US company. Amazon sells things to people. It is the world’s largest company that sells things online.
Amazon’s biggest market outside the US is Germany. But some German Amazon workers are not happy. They want better money. They also are not happy with some things at work. Seven German warehouses plan to go on strike.
The strike will start on November 25. It will last three days. It means that it will be on ’Black Friday’. Black Friday is the most important shopping day for companies. Companies offer things at better prices. Black Friday is the start of Christmas shopping time.
Difficult words: market (an area where a company sells its products), warehouse (a big building where companies keep their products before they sell them), strike (when employees do not want to work as a protest against something that they do not like at work, usually money).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos