American and Japanese Ships – level 3
Seven missing sailors have been found dead on board the USS Fitzgerald which had collided with a container ship off Japan in the early hours of Saturday.
The damage by the Japanese ship, which weighs nearly 30 tonnes, to the American vessel meant that it almost sank and it will take months to repair.
Difficult words: vessel (a ship).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.