American Tourist Killed – level 2
An American tourist died on an island between India and Myanmar. The Sentinelese tribes people who live there are known to be hostile to outsiders.
India controls the territory of the island. An Indian anthropology professor talked about the tribe: they shoot arrows, and they throw spears if somebody gets too close. Common sicknesses can make them sick or kill them, so people cannot visit this island easily.
Difficult words: tribes people (people who belong to a tribe – a smaller traditional society), hostile (aggressive), anthropology (the study of human societies and cultures).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos