An actor invests in a technology company – level 3
Financial technology firm Nuvei, a provider of payments services to the sports betting industry, announced an investment from Hollywood actor and investor Ryan Reynolds.
The company was founded in Montreal, Canada, in 2003, and it offers a payments platform for businesses in nearly 50 countries. It offers services to clients from the gaming and crypto industries.
Reynolds didn’t disclose the amount. On Twitter, he posted a video in which he sits on CEO Philip Fayer’s desk and pokes fun at his low profile compared with US technology executives.
Over the last few years, Reynolds has invested in a diverse range of businesses, from alcohol company Aviation Gin to budget mobile cell phone service Mint Mobile.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What led Ryan Reynolds to invest in Nuvei, and what specific services does the company offer its clients?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.