An Underwater Surprise – level 1
This news is from Arizona, USA. Somebody snorkels in the Colorado River. The person finds something. It is two human skeletons!
The person calls the police. The police come. They look at the skeletons. They see that they are not real.
Somebody put the skeletons into the water for fun. The skeletons even have names – Bernie and Bernadette. They may bring tourists to the area.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this article?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.