Animals in Britain – level 2
The British government is targeting puppy farms to ensure animal welfare.
One politician said that there is a big problem in Britain (and in Europe as well) with puppy farming. Many of the animals are brought up in terrible conditions and their lives are ruined.
There is going to be a new law – pet shops will not be able to sell kittens or puppies under 6 months old.
Difficult words: target (visit and see if everything is OK), ensure (make sure), welfare (health and happiness).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos