Animals on a Ship – level 2
In December, a Spanish ship took 855 cows on board at the Spanish port of Cartagena. The ship traveled to Turkey but it did not get there.
The reason was a mistake in documents and Turkey rejected the animals. Turkey thought that the cattle had bluetongue virus.
Other countries rejected the animals, too, so the ship stayed at sea for two months. The journey was too long for the animals, they started to have many health problems, and then some of them died.
Spanish veterinarians checked the animals and they saw the bad situation on the ship. They decided that it would be better to kill the animals and end their pain.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.