Apple Electric Car – level 2
The Apple company changed business with electronics when it made the first iPhone. In 2015, Apple started to think about making an electric car without a driver, and many people think that it will be special, too.
Nobody really knows much about Apple’s plans for an electric car because the company keeps it secret. To build a factory for electric cars takes a lot of time, and it costs a lot of money. It seems that Apple will work together with a company which makes cars. Last week, two Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia said that they were not working with Apple on an electric car, and it is not clear which company would like to work with Apple.
Sales of electric cars are growing fast in Europe. Experts say that there could be around 800 million electric cars in 2050.
Difficult words: electronics (TVs, computers, phones, and other things), secret (something that other people do not know), automaker (a company which makes cars).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos