Apple opens a store in India – level 2
Apple CEO Tim Cook opened the company’s first retail store in India, which is located in the financial center of Mumbai.
It took years of planning and it was necessary to meet regulatory demands. For example, India said that Apple had to use local sources for production. Apple wants to increase sales growth in India, which has a population of 1.4 billion people. The company wants to focus on other countries, not only China. In the year ending March, Apple’s sales in India hit almost 6 billion dollars.
Global demand for technologies is slowing down, and Apple sees India’s growing middle class as a great opportunity. Therefore, it wants to increase production in the country.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies is Apple implementing as part of its plan to increase sales in India?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.