Argentina has a new president – level 2
Argentina elected Javier Milei as president. People chose economic reforms to deal with issues like high inflation and rising poverty.
Milei is a right-wing libertarian and he plans to close the central bank, change the currency, and cut spending. The government has to deal with many problems but Miles’s victory shows a change in Argentina’s politics. Supporters believe that Milei can bring this change which the country needs very much. His ideas are radical, but they resonate with people who have money problems. Milei’s success may impact trade and international relations, and some people are afraid of what this will mean.
Milei is a 53-year-old economist who broke the dominance of traditional parties, promising better times for Argentina.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What risks does President Milei's radical economic policies pose to Argentina's international relations?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.