Art vs Guns – level 1
The NRA is an American organisation. It is for gun rights. This organisation runs TV ads. In one of its ads, there is an image of a famous sculpture.
The sculpture is ‘The Bean’. It is by the British artist Anish Kapoor. He is disgusted that his art is in an ad for guns. He wants the NRA not to use his image. The NRA does not want to do this. However, in the end, it stops using the picture.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.