Artists can use Disney’s Mickey and Minnie freely – level 1
Artists and writers can now use Mickey and Minnie Mouse freely. This change comes after 96 years.
Disney will not cause any trouble. But there are some rules, of course. This change is for the old versions of Mickey, like the black-and-white Mickey from ‘Steamboat Willie’.
Disney still controls the later versions of Mickey, like Sorcerer Mickey from ‘Fantasia’. Also, Disney has a special mark on Mickey, so nobody else can use it like they do. You cannot use Mickey Mouse as a mascot. But if you want to make your own ‘Steamboat Willie’, go ahead and be creative!
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the rules surrounding the use of Mickey Mouse for artists and writers?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.