Asthma from Traffic – level 2
Asthma is a medical condition where you can have difficulty breathing. It is lifelong and doctors cannot stop it.
A study says that traffic pollution is connecting to 4 million new cases of asthma in children every year. Scientists studied this in 194 countries and 125 large cities.
Other studies also said this, but this study’s author says that this study is comprehensive. It tells where the most polluted areas in the world are.
Some people think that we need to make new rules for pollution. We should also have cleaner transportation.
Difficult words: pollution (smoke which comes from cars, planes and ships), comprehensive (broad, big).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos