Attack in Iran – level 1
There is a military parade in Iran. It happens this Saturday. There is an attack at the parade.
At least 29 people die. Seventy five people are injured. Some of them are soldiers. Some of them are civilians. People shoot three of the attackers. Police arrest one.
The Patriotic Arab Democratic Movement says that it did this.
Difficult words: military parade (an event organised by the army when people and the army slowly walk through a street to celebrate something), civilian (a person who is not a soldier), did (past of ‘do’).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos