Australia bans vaping – level 2
Australia is taking strong action against the tobacco industry to deal with teenage vaping.
The government plans to ban disposable vapes with fruity flavors, stop the import of vapes without prescriptions, and limit the amount of nicotine. The goal is to only allow vapes for smokers who want to stop smoking. Health Minister said that vapes had appealing packaging and flavors, and this made a new generation of nicotine addicts. Many people see vaping as a safer alternative to smoking and helpful for quitting. But studies showed possible harm.
Under the new rules, only pharmacies will sell vapes with specific packaging. Also, it will not be possible to sell popular disposable vapes to young people.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of the Australian government's plan to limit nicotine and restrict sales of vapes to young people?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.