Baby Lynxes in Vienna – level 2
Two little lynx babies were born at Vienna zoo, and their lynx family is part of a program to reintroduce the lynx into the wild in Europe.
Their mother gave birth to them in secret in a hollow tree stump, just as lynx do in the wild. She then kept them hidden for the first two weeks of their life. The little cats are blind during this time.
Most recently, people saw the cats for the first time.
Difficult words: lynx (a medium-sized wild cat with a short tail), reintroduce (bring back to live where something was in the past), hollow (with space inside), tree stump (the bottom part of a tree).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.