Baby Tiger – level 1
There is a new law in Mexico. It is about exotic animals. Circuses in Mexico are offloading them.
A teenager buys a tiger. It costs $300. It is a Bengal tiger. It is very young. It is 6 weeks old. It weighs 3 kilograms.
There are only 2,500 wild Bengal tigers in the world. They are in India, China, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar.
The teenager is from the USA. He wants to bring the tiger home. Police stop him. They arrest him. He is in big trouble. He can go to prison for 20 years.
Difficult words: law (a rule which tells people what they can or must not do), offloading (sell or give something away), wild (not living in a zoo).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos