Basquiat and Banksy – level 3
Two new Banksy murals appeared in London ahead of an exhibition of works by the late American artist Jean-Michel Basquiat.
One is an image of Basquiat being stopped and searched by two Metropolitan Police officers. Estelle Lovatt, an art critic, explained that Banksy is saying that it is still difficult to be a black person on the streets. The second mural, also located near the arts centre, is a picture of a Ferris wheel with what appears to be crowns for cars.
Basquiat’s exhibition entitled ‘Basquiat: Boom for Real’ opened at the Barbican Centre on Wednesday 20th.
Difficult words: mural (a painting on a wall), entitled (named).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos