Be Safe around Trains! – level 2
The British Transport Police has a new campaign. It released short video clips as part of the campaign which is called Operation Look.
Someone shot the first video in Scotland. It shows how a man casually crossed a crossing with two half barriers clearly in place. The man reached safety in seconds before a train went through.
Another video shows a cyclist. He was approaching a crossing, and he didn’t see that the barriers were coming down. The barriers knocked him off of his bike.
Difficult words: casually (in a relaxed way), crossing (area where a road and a railway cross), barrier (a gate at a crossing which is lowered and raised).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Are you careful around trains?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos