Bear Climbs a Tall Pole – level 1
In Canada, two birds build a nest. They build it on top of a very tall tower. It is 30 metres tall! The tower has power cables all over it. A bear sees the nest. It wants to look in it. The bear climbs the tower! This is dangerous.
The birds peck at the bear. The bear does not stop until it gets to the top.
A woman films the bear. It comes back down. It calmly walks away.
Difficult words: nest (a thing made out of sticks that birds live on), powercables (big wires that have electricity in them), peck (to bite quickly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this bear?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos