Beard Olympics – level 1
Beard Olympics happen every year. This year, they happen in Bavaria, Germany.
Around 100 men come. They compete for who has the best beard and moustache. A group of seven people say who wins. These people are barbers and hairdressers.
Ralf Schulz is one of the winners. He has his beard for seven years. He competes often.
Most men use hairspray and a hairdryer for their hair. Some men use other things. They grow very different beards. Some are big, and some are small. They all look very nice.
Many of the men are friends. They look forward to the Beard Olympics every year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.