Better Future for Businesses – level 2
Many countries in the world are starting to vaccinate people against the coronavirus. It will probably have an impact on people’s behavior and on businesses, too.
The biggest impact will be for the energy business. People will start to travel more, fly and use their cars, which will increase the demand for petrol or fuel and oil.
People will probably use less information technology because they will not work from homes so much, and they will have fewer online meetings. Also, restaurants will reopen and the demand for some agricultural products will grow. These products will be, for example, coffee or sugar.
Difficult words: behavior (the way people act towards each other), demand (when many people want to buy or have the same thing), agricultural (connected to growing plants and raising animals for food).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.