Big Crocodile – level 2
Wildlife rangers caught a huge crocodile at a tourist area in Australia´s Northern Territory.
The animal was 14 feet long and it weighed 770 pounds. Officials said that it was the biggest crocodile that wildlife rangers caught in the area in many years.
Crocodiles are protected in the area, and it is not legal to kill them. However, they are very dangerous, and sometimes they get too close to inhabited areas. Wildlife rangers must catch them and take them to crocodile farms.
The saltwater crocodile is the largest crocodile and the largest reptile in the world. Adults can measure 23 feet and weigh 2,200 pounds. They usually live in salt waters near the coast.
Difficult words: wildlife ranger (a person who takes care of and protects a national park), inhabited (a place where people or animals live), reptile (a type of animals such as lizards, turtles, and crocodiles).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.