Big Piece of Moon – level 2
A huge lunar meteorite crashed down to Earth thousands of years ago, and people discovered it in a desert in Mauritania last year. Mauritania is a country in Northwestern Africa.
Now the 5.4-kilogram rock is going on auction, and people think that it will sell for more than 500,000 dollars because it is so big. Lunar meteorites are usually about as big as an apple, and it is something special to hold a piece of the moon in your hands too.
Difficult words: huge (very big), lunar (from the moon), discover (find).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos