Big ships are in trouble – level 2
Company Maersk reports troubles in northern European ports because of winter storms and holiday-related issues. They are causing congestion at container terminals.
Companies divert ships from the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden due to Houthi attacks, and they choose longer routes around Africa. Maersk expects more problems across Europe and Hub terminals. The CEO said that they could last several months.
Maersk customers can newly use air freight in Oman and the UAE to reduce delays. Container shipping rates for major trade routes are increasing because shipping companies expect more troubles in the future.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What solution has Maersk recently offered to their customers to address delays caused by winter storms and holiday-related issues in northern European ports?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.