Blood Moon 2018 – level 2
Last Friday on July 27th, people all over the world watched the Moon turn blood red. It stayed coloured for almost two hours.
The blood moon happens when the Moon passes directly behind Earth into its shadow. No direct light shines on the Moon. However, the moon is illuminated by red light. The Earth’s atmosphere bends the red light and it illuminates the Moon which is why the Moon looks red.
You could not see the blood moon from North America last Friday. If you missed it, you can wait for another one on January 21st, 2019.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.