Boston Marathon bomber case – level 3
A US Supreme Court reinstated the death sentence for Dzokhar Tsarnaev; he was one of the two brothers responsible for the bombing at the 2013 Boston Marathon.
28-year-old Tsarnaev was convicted of dozens of crimes in the attack that killed three people and injured more than 260, and he received a death sentence in 2015. His brother was killed in a shootout with police in a Boston neighborhood. Tsarnaev’s case divided people in Boston, as it revived a debate over the death sentence. It also tested President Joe Biden’s opposition to the punishment. Over the years, survivors and family members have divided on whether Tsarnaev should get the death penalty.
The ruling doesn’t mean that Tsarnaev will be executed anytime soon, as there’s currently a moratorium on federal executions.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.