Boy Joins Pope at Vatican – level 2
While the Pope spoke at the Vatican, a six-year old boy came on stage to play, and Pope Francis told his guards to let the boy stay.
The boy is mute and could not easily respond. The Pope spoke to the audience that though the boy was unable to speak, he was able ‘to express himself’ and ‘he is free’.
His mother later took him off-stage, but he had already captured everyone’s hearts. The Pope ended his speech with a prayer for the boy.
Difficult words: mute (a person who cannot speak with his or her voice), express (communicate), capture hearts (make another person feel love).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos