Brazil riots for Bolsonaro – level 2
Similar to the US riots in January 2022 for former President Trump, people rioted in January 2023 in Brazil for former President Bolsonaro.
His supporters stormed government buildings because they didn’t want President Lula, just like Trump’s supporters didn’t want President Biden.
Similar to Trump, Bolsonaro refused to accept the election, and people rioted for him since October 2022.
Recently, Brazil’s government said it had control of the capital, and it planned to punish the rioters. Police arrested more than 400 people who stormed government buildings. Unlike the US riots, no officials were in the buildings. Bolsonaro said that he didn’t like the riots, and US President Biden said the country supported Brazil’s democracy. One US government official wanted the US to make Bolsonaro leave the country.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.