Brazilian farmers are happy – level 3
Corn and soybean planting has begun in Brazil, and the speed of planting in regard to both crops has been quick.
A large part of the country dealt with massive ground moisture deficits in recent months; however, a change toward a wetter pattern in the weather in recent weeks has been hugely positive for both the planting speed and for how many crops they can grow.
Acreage of both crops will grow to record level this year, given the recent rains and additional rains to come. Most experts agree that the potential for record Brazilian corn and soybean crops will remains intact. Both the US and Brazilian governments continue to estimate that record crops will be harvested in 2022, and they say that acreages may hit very high levels.
Difficult words: deficit (an amount that’s less than the amount needed), acreage (an area of farmland in acres), intact (complete).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos