Breast cancer donations – level 2
Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers in women, and many organizations and charities collect money to help fight with the disease.
The pink ribbon is the official symbol of breast cancer awareness. People who wear the pink color or the pink ribbon show support for women with breast cancer. People donate money to charities and buy products with the symbol. They do it because they believe that the money will go to breast cancer research.
Unfortunately, it is not always true. In the US, no law says how the charities or organizations use the money from the donations. It is possible that some charities do not spend any money at all.
Difficult words: charity (an organization which gives money, food or other help to people who need it), awareness (when people know that something exists, and they have information about it), donate, donation (to give money or things to help somebody who needs them; the money or things people give to help others).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.