Bridge in Italy – level 2
Around 200 metres of a bridge in Genoa, Italy collapsed. People in their cars fell down 45 metres. Many people were rescued from the rubble but 38 people died.
Rescue teams are working day and night to save people. Hundreds more evacuated in case more of the bridge falls down.
There are pictures of the bridge weeks before it fell down. You can see that it was crumbling, and some people feared that the bridge was built with ‘MAFIA concrete’.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.