Bull in a bank – level 3
Near the Israeli city of Tel Aviv, footage showed a bull with a rope hanging from its neck as it ran through a bank’s corridors.
On Monday, the incident started in a car park outside the bank, when the huge animal found its way inside the building. The animal slammed into walls as it skidded around corners and workers fled.
People attempted to control the bull and to get its attention to get it out of the building. Officials found the bull’s owner and called him to the scene. They also called a vet if needed to tranquilize the animal.
The recapture took more than half an hour, and officials said they would investigate where it came from and how it escaped.
Difficult words: skid (to slide on the ground after you run or walk too quickly), tranquilize (to drug an animal to calm it or make it unconscious), recapture (the repeated capture of an escaped person or animal).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.