California, Mexico and Trump – level 1
California is a state in the USA. Its southern border is with Mexico. California has 360 troops at the border. California wants to move the troops away. They will do something else. For example, they can fight fires.
The Californian governor talks about this plan. He says that there is no problem at the border. He says that it is Trump’s political theatre. Political theatre is when a leader says things to get people to want to follow him or her. He does not want to be a part of his theatre.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.