Cambodia´s Bamboo Trains – level 1
In Cambodia, there are bamboo trains. They are famous. They may come to an end. Cambodia plans to bring back the train lines.
The bamboo trains are homemade. People call them ‘norries’. They are powered by motorcycle engines. They can carry up to 15 people.
Around 40 people work at the bamboo tracks. Without the tracks, they have no jobs. They are asking the government for help.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.